Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Project 2 Reflection and Comparison: 2/19/14

So here we are, at the end of my 1st complete project. Granted for me, this project was extremely frustrating and stretched my drawing ability to the absolute limit. It was tough but I did it and got results I was satisfied with. So let's take a look of the comparison of my drawing and the original photo.

 Original is on the left, Mine is on the right


Obviously the biggest difference is the smoothness of the lines in the original. In my picture the lines are rigid and I suppose sloppy? Maybe sloppy isn't the right word but I think you get what I'm saying. The biggest difference has to be the suit. The suit is easily the worst part of  my picture. The lines aren't as thick and are really sloppy (Sloppy is the right word in this case) The skin color is also slightly off (Which is odd since I copied it using the eyedropper tool. Once again I admit defeat on that front) but overall for my 1st big drawing that I truly believed I had the skills to do I'm really satisfied with the results.

Obviously there is room for improvement but the result was good. Now on to my next project. I will be drawing Archer in the photo below. Haven't cut him out of the overall picture yet but the plan is to draw him. It has a lot more shading and overall is more complex than the last. Not sure how this will turn out but I'll give it a shot and complete it to the best of my abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment